Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Happy New Year

I have been so busy being Christmassy it's a relief to get back to normal. I have been inspired by domesticali to have a go at project 365 and I have been busy photographing everyday things, I just can't limit myself to one a day, but I suppose I can make up the rules if it's my project...

This one was taken outside a Moroccan greengrocer's shop in town, the cat just appeared to make it perfect!


This was taken on the night the three kings arrived, the arrival of the kings with a cavalcade of floats,children in fancy dress and marching bands marks the end of the Christmas season in this part of the world and is not to be missed.


These "red hot pokers " have just come into flower in the car park(!) and are surrounded by little birds feeding from them,another regular January highlight.

Enough sightseeing!!

Despite all the photography, I have finally got down to some craft; I have made two lovely tea cosies...forgot to photograph first before it went to the shop.Here is the second, nearly finished



I have also worked out how to make a crochet rose which is very thrilling, I have a handbag project I am working on which I want to decorate with some of these roses, in a rich dark red I think.


This is the little half apron to go with the tea cosy, well, maybe not everyone sees the need to co-ordinate their tea cosy and apron,but small things make me happy!


What I really like about writing this blog is being able to edit my life down to the really nice bits, like crafting and sightseeing, and excluding the fact my house was flooded this weekend (boo-hoo)It's like living in a parallel universe isn't it ?

4 comments:

  1. My compliment for your blog and pictures included,I encourage you to photoblog

    CLICK PHOTOSPHERA

    Even week another photo album

    Greetings from Italy,happy new year to you

    Marlow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your commet on my blog - I am sorry about the flood I hope you dry out soon. I love the tea cosy and apron you have made and of course the flowers, you have been very busy. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. All yoour things are so pretty I had a look at the angels, thanks for your comments Lucey xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those roses look fabulous! I can never roll them up neatly enough. I absolutely adore the smocked dress you have been making. I'd love to see a photo of it completed. Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete