Monday, February 15, 2010

Edging a blanket



The blanket for my daughter’s bed is just about finished, I’m just doing a lacy edging, can’t decide if one row is enough or if two rows of lacy-ness would be nicer. Probably two, it’s a shame to cut corners at this late stage.






There hasn’t been a lot of skiing on yet, so only a few circles in a square to add to the pile. I have been in touch with Mrs Twins (who is very clever with her crochet hook) and I will be making some squares for her lovely project this week. I have to make them a bit bigger I think.





However, I have been busy with my sewing machine:

I just love this little house:




I think it would look nice on a tea cosy as well. Or maybe in a different colourway...

I have also made myself a new skirt this week . I'm going to photograph it for a post later this week, and I have a recipe for something nice too!

6 comments:

  1. Wow!! You have been busy!!! The blanket for your daughter is lovely as it is - it would still look lovely with another row!!!! I love the apron with the house - it would look great in a tea cosy too!!!!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blanket is looking lovely, looks great as it is, but another row would also look fab. You've been such a busy bee.

    Hugs RosieP x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny, but when I look at the close up of the blanket I think another lacy round would look nice. Then I look at the overall and think that is just lovely how it is.
    Wonderful that you are joining in Mrs Twins project too - I sent some squares of today

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been very busy! I wish I could have more time to make things. All I seem to be doing lately is work and decorating...

    Really pretty house on the apron, I could see it on a tea cosy too.

    Warm wishes
    Isabelle x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love doing the edging on a blanket, it always feels like it ties the whole thing up and finishes it off. Your daughter's blanket is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, that blanket looks great! I want one to, am slowly learning to crochet and making my first wrist warmers right now.

    ReplyDelete