Sunday, February 28, 2010

Flowery squares


I'm busy making these lovely squares at the moment, easy to transport ( will I be allowed a crochet hook on the plane ?).

They are very easy to make::

Using any colour you fancy:

foundation 5 chain, slip stitch to join

row 1 chain and 7 double crochet

row 2 draw up the loop from last stitch until it is about a cm and a half long, yarn over,pick up yarn stretch out to same length- But leave on the hook
repeat the yarn over and pick up yarn until there are 9 loops on the hook, then take all the loops off the hook in one nice tight stitch, make 2 chain then repeat into the next double crochet until you have 8 petals of your flower, join circle with a slip stitch.



row 3 Join colour for circle ( I have used turquoise )
make 3 chain and 3 trebles, in the next space 5 trebles, the next space 4 and so on , join circle with a slip stitch



row 4 Join colour for border ( I have used blue)
make 3 chain then 5 trebles in the next 5 stitches, in the next stitch make 3 trebles, continue 8 trebles in the next 8 stitches then make the next corner as above. Continue to the end of the round and join with a slip stitch.



row 5 Make 3 chain then 6 trebles into next 6 stitches, make 2 trebles between first 2 corner stitches from previous round, then 2 more between next 2 (there are now 4 stitches in the corner). Continue in this pattern to end of the round and join with a slip stitch.


They look so nice joined together I suspect they may grow into a lovely blanket, I didn't really plan to make one.
I really want to make something to wear but I haven't got a pattern I fancy making -yet !



8 comments:

  1. Pretty sure no hooks or needles on planes...but I could be wrong!
    The squares are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely squares, I didn't risk my hook on the plane and definitely no scissors.

    Hugs RosieP x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the squares Louise - are you off on holiday? Have I missed something? I have taken delivery of the making skirts book - trouble is - I would like to loose a few pounds off the old tummy before I start creating clothing - so I had better hurry up before the spring arrives. **Kim**X

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flowers look sweet and will make a great blanket or pillow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaaah Louise, enjoy your stay with your Mum, and enjoy Hobbycraft - impossible to come away without anything (a bit like IKEA!) Look forward to catching up when you get back! **Kim**x

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOH these squares are so beautiful. I love the design, I love the colour. Happy Hooking! if you know what I mean :) !
    Hugs and Love Suex

    ReplyDelete
  7. Louise, your squares are beautiful. As far as I know, no hooks or scissors. I'm with you on the fact that I don't want to have to give up one of my nice hooks. We need a really cheap one to try using on the plane. I have signed on as one of your followers, so when you have time stop by and see me.

    Crocheting My Best With My Worsted
    http://crochetingmyworsted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete