Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Crochet edgings and blue sky



I thought I'd finish off the last post and add a photo of my baby blanket. It's a square of fleece that measures about 70cm. I worked a simple edging using the lovely bamboo yarn.It's very easy indeed...

Make 4 chain, in the third chain from the hook make a treble,then repeat until it is long enough. That could possibly be the shortest pattern ever couldn't it?




I added a few flowers (Lucy has a similar pattern at Attic 24) and sewed them and the edging on by hand while Mr B was watching the football.

Fleece fabric is so warm and washable I think they'll be popular. I'm going to do one with some lilac trimmings next.

We've had two lovely dry sunny days this week which has cheered us all up no end,it's amazing how blue sky lifts your mood.




I saw hundreds of wild freesias yesterday the smell was amazing!




I hope you have a good week too!

7 comments:

  1. Love the blanket, it's so pretty!!! What a lovely view in that photo!! I absolutely love freesias, I'd love to be able to see and smell them too!!!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just learned to crochet last week and I didn't realise how easy it would be. I shall write that little pattern down for future reference, thanks ever so, Lucey xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blanket is lovely, very pretty. I love the smell of Fresias, my father in law (in Italy) grows them.

    Hugs RosieP x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a simple, yet beautifully delightful, baby blanket!
    Dave and I visited Gibraltar a couple of years ago and loved our visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just popping over from SIBOL. Sorry, I have missed you this long. I have added to my follow list. Off to look around at all your goodies.

    Enjoying a rainy day for crocheting here in Florida.

    Kate - The Garden Bell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Louise, thanks so much for joining in with the pincushion swap. Please email me asap with your full name, postal details and any prefernces you may have. Thanks and love Kate X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely blanket, and the photos of the flowers are beautiful too. I've got the first flowers of spring starting to pop up here - tulips, daffodils and hyacinth.

    Thanks for the kind words about my back scrubber pattern. It really is quick and easy - and it works great!

    ReplyDelete