Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Making T-shirts

All the crafters I know here in Gibraltar keep telling me I need to make some Gibraltar souvenirs for the summer visitors. However , I love to make things pretty and couldn't bear to spoil the look of a piece by marking GIBRALTAR across it.



Luckily, I have discovered the delights of computer transfer paper. You can put photos, text , anything...( it is important to find the print option which produces a mirror image)and then it's just a little snipping and a few seconds with a hot iron. Absolutely "pipsqueak"!



I'm excited about the possibilities of what I could print and simply iron-on, but for now I'm very happy to have produced a tasteful range of children's T-shirts. They do include the word Gibraltar but in a nice font and a subtle colour.



Truthfully, I would like them better without the G-word, but it's true people want to buy gifts and souvenirs from the places they visit.I know I am very susceptible to requests from my children to buy those kind of things.



I'm going to test them out at an Easter Craft Fair at Ocean Village on Saturday, then put them on sale at the Cruise liner terminal shop. I do hope they sell well!

I can't resist this photo...nothing to do with T-shirts...as usual Oliver can't keep his black and white nose out of any craft photography sessions...



But he's definitely not for sale!

10 comments:

  1. Gosh Louise these are lovely - is the whole design iron on with the computer paper or just "G" word! They look really good and I am sure you will loads - they look tasteful! You have been working hard! Good Luck! **Kim**x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a great idea!! Very tastefully done too! I like them.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous Louise! Wishing you best of luck with them. I am so....pleased your son is well now.
    Have a great weekend,
    Suex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling popped in to wish you and your family a joyous and blessed Easter.

    Love & Hugs
    Duchess

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tshirts look fab!!
    Wishing you a very Happy Easter,
    x Steph

    ReplyDelete
  6. The T-shirts look great. I had not heard of that transfer, but will go on the look-out now as I want something personal for myself, and maybe a few little toddlers as well

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi: Wishing you great success with your T shirts, they are so cute. Have a blessed Easter. Martha

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look great! Very tasteful! I'm sure they will do well and you haven't comprimised your style!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oliver is just gorgeous!I agree with you that the t-shirts would look better without the word but it never ceases to amaze me how people want keepsakes from their travels and your tshirts are so pretty I am sure they will sell well...
    Good Luck,
    Warm Wishes,
    Cally x

    ReplyDelete