Saturday, April 10, 2010

Easter Holidays

I've been trying not to spend time pottering about on the computer this week. The children are at home and we've been out and about , and when we are at home I have to wrestle the laptop from their hands!It's been a busy week...

We had a great time visiting the Easter processions in Spain, it's such a wonderful atmosphere. The hooded penitents look a bit fearsome but it's an ancient tradition of anonymity and nothing sinister. The young men carrying the statues are inspiring with their determination and stamina...most processions last 6 hours or more...






We've been to visit friends in Malaga, the photo below is the view from their apartment.Such a lovely city.Our friends have made the difficult decision to move back to England. Their son and our boy are the best of friends so we are making the most of their time together.



I've taught a class at the Arts and Crafts Centre for children , we had a messy but lovely time making cards


Last and best of all, it's strawberry season.They are only 50 cents more for a box, and there's twice the amount of a punnet. Tonight we are having them for pudding then tomorrow I am making strawberry ice cream. Strawberry heaven !



Hope your Easter break has been full of good things and happiness. I will be back to visiting blogs and saying hello when the kids go back to school.
Louise x

9 comments:

  1. What fun picutres you posted today. Those straws look quite yummie. Moving on down to have a closer look at those t-shirt. Too cute.

    Garden on,
    Kate - The Garden Bell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi: Amazing pictures you shared. It did look a little scary, glad it was fun. Sorry to hear about your friends. Enjoy your time. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving all the photos today!! particularly the strawberries!!! Yummy!!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those berries look so tea-licious my darling. Glad you had a fun-filled week, enjoy your time with the children. Wishing you an equally lovely week.

    Love & Hugs
    Duchess

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh those strawberries look delicious!!Have a happy week.
    Warm Wishes,
    Cally x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Louise!!! I just received the pin cushions! I was so excited...when I saw them on your page as you were making them and I though, "Oh, how lovely! And I must stop for a minute to tell her they're so pretty!" but of course I didn't. When the mail arrived and I saw the stamps I was shocked! "They're MINE!!!" they're my favorite color, too! Thank you SO very much! You really made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a lovely easter holiday! Lots of fun activities and those strawberries look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an intersting Easter! Looks fab. As do those strawberries...yum! :D x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the follow @Sunny Bug World :) It's awesome that you teach kids arts & crafts - I've been thinking about doing something like that in my community but I'm not quite sure where to start. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete