Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Happy things

I thought I didn't have anything to post about today but it turns out I can think of lots of happy things to write about...

1....School is going well, it feels more normal, the children are responding well to me , all in all it's great. I am a bit stressy because I've been so busy but I'm working through it. When I'm feeling stressy I try and find time to look at the sky. It's very calming because when I am busy I look down all the time- always thinking of what I have to do next. Try it...it really works.




2...I have a lovely bunch of frilly tulips from Mr Morrison, what a lot of beauties !




3...I've got a lovely new frock from Monsoon which I wore for a Christening on Saturday, I wore it with a lilac cardi. Sorry -this is turning into a shopping blog !




4...I've been experimenting with bamboo yarn, I made this lovely lacy doily the other day, don't know what for ...yet...



(It looks a bit of a strange shape here but it is round in real life !)

5...I have a really nice piece of material and a vintage pattern, I just need a little time to make it up !






6...It's a long weekend this weekend for Mayday. It's meant to be something about Worker's Day isn't it. I like to think of girls in white dresses with wands of May blossom- do they still do that ? Anyway, I'm very happy to have a 3 day weekend to enjoy with my family.

Hope you find time to enjoy the sky as well.

Love Louise xxx

8 comments:

  1. Love this post, so many things to be pleased about!! Love your bamboo yard doily!!!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post! Great dress I bet it looked lovely with the cardigan!
    I'm looking forward to the bank holiday weekend, although im going to be really busy!!!
    You have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pattern and the material - in the good (read younger) days this is exactly what I used to love to wear

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely!
    That sky, those flowers, that material. What's not to be happy about?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a very pretty dress!

    Thank you for the lovely comment, I had such fab week away!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Louise,
    Patterns for clothes brought back so many memories for me. I did a lot of dressmaking when I was a teenager. Just loved looking through the patterns and going into Housewives Choice to find material. Ooh those were the days. But the pattern for the 'frock' is lovely. I do hope it makes up nice.
    Glad School going okay.
    I do hope you find to stop by. I spoke about your squares on my blog today.
    Love to you.
    Suex

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Louise - I am so glad it is going ok - you are so right, the sky is relaxing - just gazing up is very theraputic! I love the vintage pattern and fabric that will work a treat. Enjoy the long weekend and hope the sky stays blue! **Kim**x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hiya Louise :)
    Glad to read the job is going so well! Those frilly tulips are lovely and that dress is divine! Happy Days :) xx

    ReplyDelete