Tuesday, April 13, 2010

New Job

I have to tell you my exciting news...I've just been offered a job as Nursery Class Teacher at a local school starting on Thursday. I'm really pleased as I've been doing supply since September and never know if I will be working or not. This job is really perfect for me because it's my favourite age group and it's mornings only. That leaves me lots of time to do the other things I like...hoovering, ironing...





Were you worried ? Did you think I had turned out to be rather odd ? No, I will have plenty of time for sewing, crochet, and meeting my friends for tea ! Perfect !


I will have to scale down my craft business a little and I won't be able to do the liner port but the regular income will make family life easier. I do think I have learned a lesson about how much money I wasted when I was working full time. I have spent the last 8 months not working regularly and the purchases I make now are much more special and I tend to delay them until I really need them. I hope I can take that lesson forward and not go back to my profligate ways!


I had coffee with my friend Ursula this morning, she brought me a lovely bunch of flowers picked from her garden this morning. The wisteria is heavenly isn't it? There's also a lot of lemon geranium which is senting the whole room.




She has also lent me some new books.



Another friend gave me some last weekend so now I have a very satisfying pile just waiting to be read.I'm going to start with Comfort Food I think.



The flower blanket project is still rumbling along in the background,, I have spells of making squares and spells of sewing up and sewing in the pesky little ends. I would like it to be square eventually...ideally.
It began as a "stash busting " blanket but it has been so effective I now have to buy more wool in order to finish it. One step forwad and one back I think ...



14 comments:

  1. Ooh Louise what exciting news, congratulations! I hope it all goes well for you!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Louise!! I hope you really enjoy your new job!!! I love the flowers Ursula brought you, they are so pretty!!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations ! keep blogging though !
    I love the blue blanket
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Louise!!!!!! Hope you still manage to blog a bit too!!! we would miss you! I know exactly what you mean about appreciating what you can afford - I have been so much more aware of how much I spend (or not) since the recession and its quite a good lesson to learn. I am so excited for you well done!!! **Kim**x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done you! Congratulations on the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Louise what fantastic news, congratulations on the new job. Flowers are lovely, I do like a bit of Wisteria. Blanket is coming along nicely too.

    Hugs RosieP x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on the job! :D
    My son loves your post so much as he is a massive 'Henry' fan! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Louise - to make a mosaic you you to www.bighugelabs.com and click on mosaics then you can upload photos and post to flickr or blog for free - Mrs Twins kindly told me how to do it - and I did find it a bit fiddly at first - but persevere!!! **Kim**x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the new job. I am sure the money will come in handy for all the crafty projects if you can find the time ☺

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to you Louise. I'm so pleased for you. I just love the blanket. You've made a brilliant job of it.
    Love Suex

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done my darling, this is a very exciting news, best wishes to you. Enjoy the flowers.

    Love & Hugs
    Duchess

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your new job!!! I am really pleased for you. Your blanket is looking really good.

    I have always prefered garden flowers to flowers from florist, it's a beautiful arrangement.

    Have a lovely weekend

    Warm wishes
    Isabelle x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Darling, I popped in to see how your job is coming along, wishing you loads of luck.

    Love & Hugs
    Duchess

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Louise darling, I popped in to thank you for leaving such caring and comforting comment on my blog, I truly appreciate your kindness my friend. Enjoy your week darling and million thanks to you again. Sending you warm hugs all wrapped in love and wishing you loads of luck on your new job.

    Duchess

    ReplyDelete