Friday, April 30, 2010

Post Office Fun

I love parcels...I love sending and receiving. This is the parcel that arrived today all the way from Australia. The postman was very interested by the post-mark. I don't suppose he sees many like this.



This was part of Foxes Lane pincushion swap so I had a fair idea what would be in the parcel...



Such fun !!



Not just a very pretty pin cushion...



But a lovely needle book / project holder as well...



Don't you love the bunting...and those lovely colour and print combinations...

Thank you so much to the lovely Jacqueline who sent these to me. Her blog is called zippyzippyworld and is packed full of her makes.( please can someone clever tell me how to just put "here" and make a link, I wish I knew how to do that !)

The postman also had a Boden Catalogue for me. I've been doing that thing that I like to do with catalogues, turning down the corners of all the pages I like the most- quite a lot actually- before I finally select the one T-shirt that I will really order. I have the pages turned down to about 200 pounds worth of goodies!



I'm really loving this cheerful dress...



I think I might do a Handmade in Gibraltar version of this one ...You may remember I made a winter skirt with circles, I fancy something a bit more colourful now the sun is finally shining.



When I had finished opening post and folding down corners I had a little wrapping up session.

These little parcels are to send to "Kissed by an angel" as part of the Good Enough to Eat swap. Sorry to only show them wrapped but I don't want to spoil Angel's suprise.



They are all ready to take to the post office...



Well, I happened to have a box that is just the right size- don't you love re-cycling ?

Have a great week

Louise xx

7 comments:

  1. Hi Louise, glad to see the parcel arrived safe and sound. I think I had already recycled the box, so it is well travelled!
    Thanks for joining the swap and what a beautiful spot you live in :)
    PS: To do a link, when you are writting your post, hightlight the words you want to link, in the bar at the top, one of the icons is a link thingo, the you paste the blog address in that you want - hope that is some help - I am no expert, I just fumble through myself :)
    Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely gifts you received.

    Hugs RosieP x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love your pincushion swap pressies!! Gorgeous!!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! You are right, that Bunting is a wonderful touch.
    Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh Louise what lovely swaps! I don't think I could make anything that looks that professional - how utterly lovely and the tiny bunting! Yeah just press on the Link button on your blog and write here in the top line and the web address in the bit below! **Kim**x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi louise
    I tried to leave a comment the other day but couldn't.
    Lucky you! What a wonderful post.
    Great to have swaps :)
    Love to you and have a nice weekend.
    Hugs Suex

    ReplyDelete