Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Crochet shrug project...Comfort Stitching

Thank you for your prayers, you are so kind. It never ceases to amaze me what a lot of goodness there is in the world.Bless you all.




I bought this pattern a little while ago, even though I may have muttered somrthing in the past about not never buying patterns again. It looked so sweet, just the thing to wear with a summer dress. Possibly I thought I might look 18 again like the model in the picture...

It turned out to be easier than I'd imagined , just a rectangle with a fancy edging sewn together under the arms.





The stitch was loose and open so it grew quickly. It turned out to be the comorting, mindless kind of stitching which is just right when you have heard bad news and are feeling rather sensitive. Comfort stitching I call it !




In just a few evenings,I had whizzed up this lovely little number. Perfect for wearing over something strappy, especially as summer is creeping in.



Now it is finished I am wishing I had made it a size smaller, I would have liked a closer fit. However I have realised the potential for making rectangles using other stitches and patterns with other edgings; as long as it joins under the arms it will work. It could be an interesting way to use African Flowers couldn't it !



Louise xx

15 comments:

  1. Louise, I'm so glad you're finding some comfort.
    The shrug is beautiful and a great colour.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful, I love it, that colour really suits you. What can anyone say with a tragedy like that, I really feel for you.

    Hugs RosieP x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking about you Louise - and I log on and there you are! I am so glad you found some comfort stitching - very very theraputic after such terrible news. What a pretty pattern and it suits you - there is a lot of potential for rectangles I think. You take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Louise, a nice pattern.
    Summery design.
    Hugs and Love Suex

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is really pretty!!! You look gorgeous in it!!! You could have a few, they are going to be a real boon!!! Fabulous!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The shrug looks wonderful on and the colour is gorgeous. AF is a fantastic idea, just working out the hexagons would be my problem

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a sweet garment! i know what you mean by comfort stitching... it almost makes itself and in a flash you have something beautiful to wear or share. lovely, louise!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you look fab! What a great make you clever thing! I love shrugs, I have lots in many colours.
    Louise I'm so sorry to read of your bad news. Such a shock! My thoughts are with you all.
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous shrug. I wish I could crochet!
    Mrs C x

    ReplyDelete
  10. molto originale! Grazie, spero di riuscire a copiare l'idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Send to me the one you made and then you can make a smaller one. Seriously, wish I had the pattern. Place share source for pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hola me podrĂ­as indicar el punto gracias.- :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Please, how do I get this beautiful pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  14. where can I find this pattern at, willing to purchase or for free. thank you its so lovley

    ReplyDelete