Friday, August 27, 2010

New Studio Space

At last , it's done !



I am now the proud tenant of a little bit of workshop at the Arts and Crafts Centre where I sell my things ( sometimes) . I have taken a bit of time taking things there and setting up, about 6 of us are taking up studio spaces so we will have a little creative community. My Husband is thrilled because he now has unresticted access to various parts of the house which were full of my sewing things- most notably our dining table...



I am also thrilled because I won't spend ages getting it all out and putting it all away again. I am really looking forward to making things alongside other makers , it should be quite exciting. I usually show things I'm making to my family and their feedback is limited by what they are watching on tv/playing with...It generally goes along the lines of " Very nice, What's it for ?"



I think I may have mentioned my storage obsession before, I've had such a nice time putting all my fabrics and threads in boxes and tins. Now it is all set for action next week.

My work in the shop has moved onto this nice dresser which I'm sharing with a lovely lady who makes jam and paints fans.



We have also brought in some lovely old bits of furniture to display the craft work in the shop - looks great doesn't it ?



I particularly love the red sofa...



Hopefully my next post will be full of creativity , with lots of lovely new things, or at the very least I will have made my curtains!

love Louise x

9 comments:

  1. What a wonderful new space to call your own. Can't wait to see the creations coming out of here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Louise how cool is that space? You're going to have a blast!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Louise you are a professional now!!!! What a stunning area to display your creativity and just being around other likeminded people will make you even more creative - what an exciting venture - very good luck with it.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful space to create in. being surrounded by other creative people will be nice.... egg eachother on to try something a little different....or just help when the mind goes numb!!! best wishes on your new venture....

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great, I would sew a lot more if I could leave my machine out !
    Good luck with everything
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh louise, good for you! i have to say i'm rather envious but it looks like you have found the perfect place in which to create and get support! that's just fantastic! lucky lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have found a great little spot. I've been inspired by your blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Louise, you have definitely found your area!! This place will really help your creative juices flow, and I hope we get to see all the great results. We all wish you the very best but don't forget to enjoy yourself. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  9. The new studio space looks great, can you get in to use it whenever you want?

    By the way, you're a runner up in my giveaway!

    Anne.

    ReplyDelete