Sunday, November 28, 2010

Advent Traditions

It's only a few days until the beginning of December so I have been scrabbling about in difficult to reach cupboards where baby photos and Christmas decorations live. It's not time for full on fairy lights and Christmas trees, but our family tradition is to bring out the CDs, DVDs, story books and Advent calenders for the first of December.

First is the Playmobil Calender.



Each little animal is returned to its numbered box in January ready to join the scene for Christmas. I'll take another photo when it fills up.



It really is a beauty. I bought it for the Christmas after my lovely girl was born while I was working in Germany.

The second I made from a pre-printed fabric the same year and I fill the pockets with sweeties and small gifts. It hangs at the end of the kitchen. Of course since lovely boy came along two chocs need to fit in each pocket.



I'll leave you with a photo of the woolly baubles, I have another commission for yet more- who would have thought they would be so popular ? I've made 20 already!



Louise xx

Ps You can find the pattern at Meet me at Mike's

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely post. Hope the rest of your day is wonderful! Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a pretty advent calendar! I have to make one for my little guy. and i love those bobbles Louise! can't believe you've made 20!!! wow!!! you've been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have reminded me - must try and find our fabric advent calendar !
    Nice baubles !
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post Louise and I have been checking out your other recent posts - love the embroidered Jingle and Rejoice! FAB Could you email me your details because you are one of the winners of my pay it forward and I want to send you a little something! Kimbles x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the pre-printed fabrics. Over the years I have made quite a few things. Draft excluders, cushions with snowmen, swags. etc., Great fun aren't they?
    I do hope you have a good Christmas Louise with your family.
    I hope your son is doing well too!
    Hugs Suex

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Louise, Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog! The advent calendars are lovely, I really want to make a fabric one for next year. Think I will get started on next years Christmas things in Jauary! :) x

    ReplyDelete