Thursday, November 11, 2010

Feeling better...

Dear Friends

You are so kind to send me messages even when I have been away so much.It makes me feel warm all over to know there is so much kindness around. Things have been pretty grim and I just couldn't write. Lovely boy is still not in the clear but he is well enough to be in school- so life is kind of moving on again. I have been feeling a bit low and not really in the mood for doing much, I haven't been making or baking, and hardly even seeing my friends( most unususal). If you have had any very stressful times you will probably know just how I was feeling.


However, we went away for a little holiday last week in the mountains. We went for lots of walk and ate lovely food and really got away from hospital appointments and medical things.I am feeling so much better that when we came back I was tempted by some lovely yarn. The shade is called heather and it shades between grey, cream,lilac and pink. My daughter wanted a hat for her skiiing trip which is coming up soon so I was inspired to get out my knitting needles.



Knitting !! It's true , I can occasionally be tempted to play with yarn and two needles instead of my trusty hook. This is what I made her- I persauded her to model it for you. Apparently hats with ear flaps are IT at the moment. She has shown me her magazines and it appears to be true. All mad if you ask me, but she does look very cute.














Well just fiddling around with a bit of knitting seems to have got my creative side back , and I have started working on my granny stripes again.
I have also been making a couple of simple cot quilts for the hospital.













I have even started to make my Christmas cards , I'll show you them next time. In the next few days I'm going to be pottering around the blogs and seeing what you are all up to. It's so nice to be back with you all.

Thank you all again

lots of love

Louise xx

17 comments:

  1. I have the same wool in a different colourway...Hope that all will be well and that you can enjoy the festive period.
    Warm Wishes,
    Cally x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see you back and hoping your son continues to get better soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola Louise, me alegro de saber de ti,
    espero que todo vaya bien, sigo orando por tu niño.
    Me gusta como te ha quedado el gorro y el color que has usado es muy lindo.
    El quilt que estás haciendo es precioso, este tipo de trabajo es una asignatura que tengo pendiente, ¡A ver si algún día me atrevo!:)
    Un cariñoso abrazo bendiciones

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the hat you made, looks great on your daughter.
    Glad things a getting back to normal . Having a giveaway over at mine if you fancy joining in :0)
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Louise, i love your colorful pretty work. Could use one of these lovelies right now, it's so soooo chilly.
    Happy hugs xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey You!!
    So glad you are back and making again.
    Love that hat, I have wore hats like that for years, even with long hair my ears get unbearably cold in the winter.
    So glad your boy seems to be on the mend, that must have been tough going.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Louise!So glad your son is improving, I have wondered about you all often. I don't blame you for not wanting to do anything either, its a side effect of stress. So nice to hear your creative streak is re-appearing - love the hat and beautiful daughter! Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so good to hear from you again and that things are on the upswing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to hear that your son is on the improve - been in my thoughts lately.
    Glad also that you are finding your crafting mojo again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So good to see you are okay. Your daughter looks fab in the ear flap hat. Please give your son an extra hug from all of us out here in bloggerland. Take care. Your creativeness astounds me and I am glad you have it to comfort you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Good to see you back. I hope your son continues to improve.
    Keep on with the knitting and crochet, its so theraputic I find.
    Take care of yourself
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, it's so lovely to hear from you Louise. Glad to hear your little boy is improving enough to go to school. You must have had such a torrid time; it's like living under a black cloud when all is not well with one of your babies isn't it? Here's to your nightmare being over soon.

    Take care, Hx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Louise,
    I got your message thank you. Sorry I have been late replying back. I know exactly what you mean. The main thing is your son is improving, I have been thinking about you all.
    Love Suex

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything will be ok with your little boy!!!
    We say that life is like Zebra, black line, white line... so, now you are in for a very long and bright white one!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Louise...thanks for popping by and glad you like my take on Michele's flowers...so sorry to hear about you son and do hope he is back to fighting fit asap
    All the best Suz x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful works an cute kid!
    Nice and interesting blog!

    Kisses and regards from Croatia.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad your son is feeling better! Beautiful work you make. Very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete