Thursday, November 18, 2010

Feeling Festive

It seems that Christmas is in the air all over blogland. I have seen lovely Christmas wreaths...( Handmade with love)












Crochet baubles ...( Meet me at Mike's)













I want to make some of these lovely trees to make into a garland too. ( The Royal Sisters)









So it seems the right time to share with you my Christmas card progress. This year I have made two original embroideries, next I will take them to the printers to be reduced and copied onto card.I get them for 30 something pence each. Hey presto, original, cheap and quick !










Now I think of it , jingle needs some gold sequins to finish it off, I'll do that this evening...

I've been doing some supply teaching this week in school so I have sung "Away in a Manger" for the first time this year. You know Christmas is coming when 5 year olds are asking you " What is a manger anyway ?"

Hope you are feeling festive wherever you are and that you have a festive project to work on too.
love Louise x

11 comments:

  1. Hey Louise :) Never thought of making my own cards from my own craft projects. I loved both of them. I'm looking forward to seeing the printed cards as well.

    Love,
    Gonca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is as darling as can be, Lousie, the Baubles are my favorites, a great idea! Happy hugs for a lovely day xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Louise,
    I am so pleased things are improving for you and that you have time and feel like making pretty things. Simply beautiful.
    Love Suex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Louise! Thanks for visiting me! Your blog looks lovely and I look forward to reading more of it. I love your Christmas cards - what a great idea to produce them in that way. I do hope your little boy will be fully recovered soon.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love those baubles (must learn how to) and your embroidered designs are very sweet, Louise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Louise, thank you so much for the lovely comment. You have a lovely blog although I have to admit to being insanely jealous that you live in Gibraltar!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, lovely to hear from you, and I'm glad to read that your son is better, it's the most stressful times when things are unsettled in the family. Love from the Arctic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Louise, I love those Xmas cards - fab idea. Have enjoyed reading your blog and will be back for more!

    Hope your lovely boy is feeling much better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Feeling festive here too - Christmas light switch on tonight. Thanks for the link to the crochet wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything is done so well......just lovely!

    ReplyDelete