Thursday, December 9, 2010

Happiness in small things

I've been pottering around blogland this afternoon and sending comments to friends old and new and thinking how happy I feel to read about all the things that make other people feel happy. From chocolates to Christmas trees and craft projects, it's a wonderful world isn't it?

So I decided to share a few things that are making me happy in Gibraltar today.

I have a pile of fresh oranges on a plate on my table. They have just come into season and are so fresh and juicy they can't be eaten in polite company. You need a plate and a pile of tissues and still have to clean up afterwards !



My Christmas cards are all written and ready to post. Most will have to battle with the snow in UK but some are staying here in Gibraltar and a few winging their way to more far flung friends.



I have put up my Christmas decorations, I love to be re-united with these old friends I haven't seen all year don't you? My daughter has inherited my enthusiasm and shrieks " I forgot about the snowman that holds the stars !" even more excitedly than I do ( poor neighbours ..)



Christmas Carols always make me happy too. I love listening but most of all I love singing along. Have I told you I sing in a choir ? We are performing on Friday night in St Michael's Cave with the regiment band. I will try and remember to take photos.



It's a great thing to think of happy things- it has taken my mind off the list of "things I haven't done yet for Christmas "

Wishing you happiness too

Louise x

6 comments:

  1. Love your little post today..made me smile. It transported me back to when I was a little girl and thought about my 4 brothers eagerly eating oranges my Mom would put out on a plate for us to enjoy! Have a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post Louise, how lovely to sing in a Choir - brilliant! You have made me feel festive I must get my decorations out soon and as for those oranges, my mouth is watering just thinking about them! Love K x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your snowmen - reminds me of an Irish one I have that is very similiar. And I love Xmas songs and carols - just my singing is for my ears only :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a gorgeous Christmas post Louise!
    How prettily you tied your cards too!
    Thank you so much for your comments, I have posted a reply on SIBOL for you, if you want to pop back sometime.
    Thank you for taking the time and trouble to comment.
    Hugs Suex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post Louise, love the christmas decorations.

    Hugs RosieP x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such lovely post, Louise. Sweet little treasures all around!
    Have a magical weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete