Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Keeping Warm and Cosy

Temperatures are set to fall both here and in UK tomorrow, we have a low of only 5 degrees forecast. I can hear you shouting "that's not cold !" , but we have no central heating here so it feels definitely nippy ! We are also off to UK shortly for some post Christmas jollying so we are getting in practice.
I have been hat making, I seem to be a bit obsessed I'm afraid...





I bought more wool yesterday with the idea of making a hat and scarf for myself, my daughter claimed these two as being " ideal for skiing "!
She has been wanting a knitted hot water bottle cover from Marks and Spencer so I made her this one,




I can make up patterns in crochet better than with knitting.

If you want to make one...

... make a chain long enough to wrap round the hot water bottle and join it into a circle, treble into each chain all the way round and join with a slip stitch. Keep making rows of trebles until you have a tube large enough to cover most of the bottle. I double crocheted through both layers to close the bottom. Then I started working round the top closing the sides and working round the neck increasing and decreasing to make it fit. Finally I made 2 trebles in each of the trebles in the top row to make a bit of a frill at the top. Easy !! You didn't need a pattern either did you ?

Thinking of patterns , I followed a link from Karin to this super pattern site. It makes me so happy to keep looking at it every few days and see the new patterns that have been opened as advent progresses. I made Santa's little helper from one of their patterns, it was very nice and clear too. Isn't he sweet ?





I hope you keep cosy if you are having cold weather,if it's sunny...enjoy !!

Louise xx

5 comments:

  1. Hi You have been busy !
    Have a great time
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't blame her for wanting to steal them - cute hats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are very cute! Have a happy day and a great weekend ahead, Fourth Advent! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely hot water bottle cover! I'm a big fan of hot water bottles and I need to make a nice crochet cover for mine too :) xx

    ReplyDelete